Thursday, April 26, 2012

How long do I need to wait before coloring my hair again?

My hair is naturally light brown. In the past 6 months, I have been getting it colored a darker brown. My hair kept fading back to its natural color. I just recently went to a new salon and got blonde highlights. I am not happy with it and I want to dye my hair dark again. I cannot afford to have it professionally done again. So my question is How long should I wait before dying my hair, and what is the best brand of hair color to use?



How long do I need to wait before coloring my hair again?

Be careful. Highlights could go a crazy color and does NOT act like regular hair. So you will need a gold base color. Go to the beauty supply and get Clairol's Second Nature Light Golden Brown. Mix with 20 volume developer and apply to roots first and then go right through and apply to the rest of your hair. Time it for 30 minutes and shampoo and condition as usual. It will be a natural brown and will fade to a nice shade you can live with. You will now need a glosser like Frizz Ease because highlighting does make the hair dryer. Good luck and hope this helps.



How long do I need to wait before coloring my hair again?

If you are using an over-the-counter color you could do it right now. They are usually gentle enough that it won't harm your hair in the short term. If you continue to use at home color on a regular basis, over time, it will damage your hair. Just be careful to get a color that will cover the highlights and not bring them out. Stay away from anything with red in it. As far as best brand I think they are fairly similar. You don't have to get the most expensive, but definitely don't get the cheapest. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment