Monday, May 7, 2012

Fixing silvery purple hair.. to a light blonde? Gold coloring question.?

I understand that gold counteracts violet, but I heard it only neutralizes it. What if I want it to lighten too? Do I bleach after or while I'm coloring the hair with the golden blonde? (ie: mix the golden blonde with 20/or30 vol. instead of 10)?



I'm not hesitant to lighten the hair because these are on skin weft (temp) extensions, NOT my actual hair. It was a medium brown and I bleached it, then for some reason I was left with this silverish purple! The bleach/lightener (goldwells oxycur platin) worked just fine for my hair.. turned it to a beautiful light blonde. Still a little confused on why it turned the extensions purple.. Anywho- any help would be appreciated!



Fixing silvery purple hair.. to a light blonde? Gold coloring question.?

Just using a gold based color will neutralize but won't lighten. the only way you can lighten it is with bleach, then tone to the color you want. but it sounds like bleach is what caused the purple to begin with, which makes me wonder- are the extensions synthetic or human hair. synthetic won't react like human hair with chemicals, sometimes they even melt when you color them. There's also "horse hair" extensions which you don't hear of much anymore, but I'm sure they're still out there, these were e from animal hair, which would also react differently than human hair.



My last guess on why they turned purple is a possible reaction with another chemical in the hair. On human hair extensions, they do all kinds of sanitizing the hair so that it's nice and clean when it's packaged. Also sometimes medication can cause a strange color reaction in natural hair, but i never wondered if that would cause a problem if someone on medication gave their hair for extensions, it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment