Monday, April 16, 2012

Hair Coloring Dilemma, full foil-caramel or honey blond? I am light brunette.?

I usually have gotten golden caramel hightlights, but my stylist suggested honey blond would look better. I said okay, (this is the 3rd time I've done this-I am very new to hair coloring). Now I feel, like it looks, whiter? I feel it's made me look older instead of younger. Brassy maybe? What can I do? I have a light to medium complexion. I use Cover Girl's Classic Ivory foundation. Please help!!



Hair Coloring Dilemma, full foil-caramel or honey blond? I am light brunette.?

Sounds like you should have gotten Low Lights for the look you wanted. If your skin is fair, and I am assuming it is since you were Ivory foundation, then going more than 2 shades lighter than your natural hair color will make you look washed out. If you stylist won't respect what you want I would consider finding one that will.



Hair Coloring Dilemma, full foil-caramel or honey blond? I am light brunette.?

Also, IF you color hair FIRST then you can get a perm right after. You must wait up to 2 weeks IF you get the perm first. Report It



Hair Coloring Dilemma, full foil-caramel or honey blond? I am light brunette.?

A general rule of thumb with colouring and perming procedures is that you wait at least a week after perming before you colour as the hair is fragile after a perm for around 48-72 hours and even for up to a week it can take this long for the polypeptide chains and di=sulphide bonds of the hair to



re-join completley. These are the very foundations of each hair that hold it together. They are broken down completely with perm solution and rejoined with the neutraliser. But the hair is very fragile for up to a week afterwards. On top of this using a porosity filler before colouring is a good idea if you are unsure of your hairs condition. some companys such as Wella introduced their new koloston perfect range just a few months before I left hairdressing, this range is designed to be used even straight after a perm so it does often depend on the new technologies in hair colouring.



With blonding or highlighting using foils or a streaking cap this is different however. You are actually removing the colour pigments from your hair it is often best to get this done previous to a perm and if it leaves your hair dry, leave it for around two to three weeks and use several conditioning treatments weekly to help repair it before having he next chemical process performed.



Some people with fine hair may find the both processers are to much I have seen many salons who claim to be better than all the rest botch up people hair when they perm then blonde peoples hair and their client ends up with hair that breaks off at the roots leaving them with handfuls of dry frizzy hairballs



Don't let that be you, make sure you have a good hairdresser assess you current state of hair condition first.



Some home brands such as swarzkopft or however its spelt have great conditioning products their home or supermarket (extra care range) as its know here in New Zealand is a great range of products very similar if not the same as their salon items.



Their leave in and spray on conditioners are great even their hair mask in a purple grey container with pump nozzle is wonderful. My mother has dry frizzy hair when she got a perm done recently (not by me lol) and this stuff is wonderful it has made her hair soft and silky and moisturised again. Make sure to towel dry your hair a little before applying conditioning mask it helps the hair to absorb it better. Don't use extra hot water for washing hair either just luke warm helps colours to last better and keeps hair in better condition



Hair Coloring Dilemma, full foil-caramel or honey blond? I am light brunette.?

Go back to your hairdresser, they can use a product that takes the brassiness out of your hair, or she could re-colour it to make it blend better.

No comments:

Post a Comment