Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Re-coloring hair.?

I dyed my teenager's hair about 6 weeks ago with a wash in home kit. We were going for blonde, she is a brunette. The color has since turned a weird orange/blonde. I want to go back to brunette. Is it safe to use another home product on her hair or should I do anything special before I try to change it back?



Re-coloring hair.?

Lightening hair is harder to do at home, depending on how light you want to go.



If she wants to go darker again, I'd suggest going to a beauty supply shop and asking for a recommendation. They'll be able to give you extra products that will protect her hair. I'd suggest a neutral protein filler - it will help seal up the hair shaft and make the hair look healthier.



Also, you may need to use a toner with the hair color, so it's best to ask a professional.



Re-coloring hair.?

If it's been six weeks, you should be safe just using another at home kit. Make sure you get one that doesnt say "ash" because when going from blonde to brunette, it sometimes looks green tinted. Instead choose one that says "warm" or "golden"



Re-coloring hair.?

i'd just color it back with a home coloring kit...just use lots of conditioner for the first few days so it doesn't fry it



Re-coloring hair.?

Well when you're going darker it won't do MUCH damage! But if you have to get a semiperminent darker then the shade she has and that will help!



Re-coloring hair.?

Sound's like you got the wrong dye. It happens, and you learn. I would suggest a semi-permanent color similar to her natural color. You will never get it just right. And it will obviously lighten. On top of that, there is a shampoo or conditioner, I don't remember, that I think John Freida makes. It is basically a rinse that builds the color. If you want it darker, use it daily. If it is dark enough, maybe once a week. I think you get the point. Oh, and try to go for like a natural golden brown. I'm guessing a medium will work because the blonde will soak up the color, and then get some of that other stuff too. http://www.johnfrieda.com/products/lcg/i...



Re-coloring hair.?

read tips on dying hair and hair care to help you better on this site



Re-coloring hair.?

Hi, i wanted to do the same kinda thing , since im a dark brunette and want to go lighter, i did the same thing! OOPs, i was told by a very expensive hair stylist it might ccost me lots to recondition the hair and then add something to it so it wont create any further problems to the hair shaft itself, i just waited the few weeks then i went and recolored my hair to a black style type and it looks good. If you want to continue to go lighter just go buy a bottle or two of (Sun-In) about $5- , my aunt told me to try it and it really works!, i love it! I did wait a bit for the black color tho since i redyed it, i should have just went to buy the bottle of sun-in, but after you apply it, it naturally goes lighter in the sunlight. Now it has created a really nice shade and highlighted my hair.



Re-coloring hair.?

6 weeks has been plenty of time, you should be fine to re-dye it. Although you should do a conditioning cream on it after a day or so, to help heal damage. My hairdresser said to Not use hot oil treatments, as they only damage it more in the long run. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment